What is the Restore?
Habitat for Humanity in Monmouth established a ReStore in 2002 as a self-sustaining funding source for the organization and to provide our local communities with affordable furniture, home-improvement, and building materials.
New holiday hours, we are now open on Tuesdays!
Tuesdays: 10 AM – 3 PM
Wednesday – Saturday: 10 AM – 5 PM
Where do proceeds go?
All proceeds support Habitat’s commitment to building and improving homes in partnership with low-income, hardworking families and individuals in 83% of Monmouth County.
The mission of the Restore is to raise funds for Habitat for Humanity in Monmouth County’s programs and operations. Our programs include:
Affordable Homes: building affordable houses for hardworking families and individuals.
Veterans Build/L.I.F.T. Home Repairs: providing home repairs services for eligible Veteran homeowners at no cost to them.
Ramps and Rails: we help seniors and disabled community members by building wheelchair ramps, providing them with safe access to their homes.
A Brush with Kindness: through this program, we assist low-income seniors with house maintenance and minor house repairs
Since 2015 the Restore has diverted almost 6 million pounds of unwanted materials from landfills.
Visit our online store!
Pay for your items online and collect them in-store.
(Limited items currently available online.)
The ReStore Offers Two Pickup Options:
Our partner, ReSupply, is a Veteran owned and operated company working with local movers/haulers who can provide added services with Priority Pickups.
- Pickups are within 48 hours.
- Items in ANY condition picked up
- Item retrieval from anywhere including within residence or a storage unit.
- Disassembly of items that need it (except doors, cabinets, or lighting).
- The pick-up fee reflects the operating costs and is much smaller than a usual moving company or junk hauler fee (the fee is not tax-deductible, but donated items are).
- For questions or support, please text (857) 342-4937 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- CLICK HERE FOR PRIORITY PICKUP
- Pickup services are free to you.
- Schedule now for pickup based on current availability – usually within 4 weeks.
- All donated items must be on the first floor of the home or in a garage, easily accessible and protected from adverse weather.
- If you are able to email photos of the items you wish to donate, that greatly expedites the scheduling process.
- Please click HERE or email email@example.com to schedule your pickup.
- We can only accept items we can sell at our ReStore. There is a list of items we accept further down this page.
SHOP. DONATE. VOLUNTEER.
The ReStore is the best source in town for DIY home design, renovation and decor–all at fantastic discounts!
We are located at 45 South St. in Freehold, NJ!
The ReStore sells donated items – like furniture (new and gently used), building materials, and home decor – at reduced prices to the general public. All proceeds support Habitat for Humanity’s programs.
The ReStore accepts new, used, discontinued or surplus building materials, appliances and home furnishings from companies, contractors, retailers and individuals. It sells these donated items at reduced prices to the general public. Our trucks are sent out by appointment only to pick up items in our service area.
Our volunteers help us operate the ReStore and are directed by a small and dedicated staff. Volunteers help us load, move and sell merchandise and are a critical part of our success!
What we accept:
All donations must have NO rips, tears, stains, pet hair, fading or odors
Must be LESS than 3 years old, or NEW. Also must be CLEAN and in working condition.
What we don’t accept:
Demo Sales & Deconstruction
Partner with Habitat for Humanity in Monmouth County to conduct a demolition sale or deconstruction to lighten the landfill load, help your local community and receive a tax deduction.
Thank you to all of our generous supporters that made this truck possible!
In Fall 2019, Habitat for Humanity in Monmouth County kicked off a ReStore Truck Challenge. Thanks to many individuals and the generous support of the JDJ Foundation, First Energy Foundation and New Jersey Natural Gas we were able to match the anonymous donation we received from one generous donor!
Like us and follow us on Facebook to learn more about our special sales and NEW inventory!