Interested in lending your time and talents to the ReStore?
Habitat for Humanity in Monmouth County’s ReStore is a nonprofit home-improvement store and donation center that sells new and gently used furniture, home accessories, building materials, and appliances to the public at 50%-75% of the retail price. The Monmouth County ReStore is proudly owned and operated by Habitat for Humanity in Monmouth County. Proceeds from the ReStore are used to build homes and hope here in our own community.
Volunteers take on a wide range of responsibilities and are vital to keep the ReStore operating as a successful retail outlet. The following volunteer position is currently open. If you are interested in it, please complete and submit the Restore Volunteer Registration form.
• Sort, appraise and price new and used merchandise as per established pricing policy guidelines
• Research merchandise value
• List items for sale on Ebay and Craigs List
• Help train additional volunteers on pricing guidelines
• Periodic markdowns of selected merchandise
• Take photos and videos of merchandise as needed
• Ability to recognize valuable merchandise
• Ability to asses condition of merchandise
• Ability to determine the appropriate asking price for merchandise
• Familiarity with online auction sites and Craigs List
• Proficient in searching for information online
• On-the-job training
• An opportunity to gain experience in the retail field
• An opportunity to gain online auction experience
• 10% off all purchases made at the ReStore
• Helping a community form stronger bonds while providing home and hope for those in need
• Wednesday - Friday, 10 am - 2 pm or 1 pm - 5 pm
• Saturday, 10 am - 2 pm or 1 pm - 5 pm