The Construction Foreman will be responsible for overseeing construction on new homes and renovations. The focus of this position will be directing volunteers, subcontractors and others to ensure the home is built to the highest level of quality, while also providing a safe and quality experience for volunteers.
- Supervise construction of new homes, and rehabs as assigned.
- Supervise and direct volunteer groups on construction sites.
- Supervise the safety of the volunteer labor while on job-sites.
- Coordinate contractor dates for job-sites.
- Coordinate purchase orders for materials and meters (gas, electric, t-pole).
- Coordinate and/or confirm delivery dates of purchased materials.
- Coordinate and/or confirm delivery dates of donated materials
- Schedule inspections with City officials.
- Schedule and complete walk-throughs with homeowners.
- Communicate status of project on a daily basis with Manager of Field Operations
- Attend weekly construction meetings
- Related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of building standard homes in safe and efficient way
- Knowledge of new home construction and rehab
- Capable of teaching and working with unskilled volunteers in groups of 10+
- Ability to work with and read blueprints
- Ability to work with city officials on home inspections
- Ability to work with community leaders
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & CREDENTIALS
- High school diploma plus 3 years of construction experience required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT TO PERFORM THIS JOB Utilize the telephone and communicate with others, inside and out of the office environment
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, and detailed reports and information
- Must be able to move about rough terrain at site locations
- Climbing, pushing, shoving moving on occasion
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time/40 hours Tuesday-Saturday
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.