About Neighborhood Revitilization
Neighborhood Revitalization serves more families by responding to community aspirations with an expanded array of products, services and partnerships, empowering residents to revive their neighborhoods and enhance the quality of life.
For families to succeed, sometimes the dynamics of their neighborhood have to change. Neighborhood Revitalization is a holistic approach that expands Habitat’s traditional partnership with new homeowners and volunteers to include neighbors and local organizations for a far greater impact. While new home construction continues to play a vital role, a bigger toolbox that includes repairs and other services allows Habitat to serve more families. Neighborhood Revitalization starts at the grassroots level — with people in the community determining the goals for their neighborhood.
Habitat for Humanity in Monmouth County will facilitate partnerships between residents, community organizations and agencies to help residents bring about the changes they want to see in their community. A wide array of housing services can be tapped to help transform communities in need, such as:
- New, energy-efficient house construction.
- Rehabilitation of vacant and foreclosed properties.
- House repairs for existing low-income homeowners, through A Brush with Kindness and critical home repairs.
- Weatherization to make existing houses more energy efficient and affordable.
Habitat for Humanity is just one part of a community-wide solution. Collaboration between residents and local groups is an essential ingredient of Neighborhood Revitalization.
- Working with residents and other significant stakeholders in the community to develop a common plan of recovery and vision for the future.
- Forging both formal and informal partnerships and alliances at the local level.
- Joining or forming community coalitions.
- Rallying active neighborhood support.
- Advocating public policy for local housing initiatives.