Critical Home Repair
Thank you for your interest in HFHMC’s Critical Home Repair program. HFHMC's work through the Critical Home Repair Program will include handicap accessibility modifications (wheelchair ramps, grab bars, and handrails), roof repair, floor repair, and other health and safety home repairs. Critical
Home Repair is NOT an emergency repair program; there can be a months-long waiting period for repair work to be done.
Eligibility Criteria for the Critical Home Repair program are as follows:
- You must own the home where the repairs are to be made.
- You must occupy the home as your primary residence.
- You (or a member of your household) must have a need that makes the requested repairs necessary.
- Your household income must fall between 20%-60% of A.M.F.I. (Area Median Family Income). See income guidelines listed by Clicking Here for Sandy Home Repair application.
- Those receiving Critical Home Repair services must be present during the duration of the repair work. Any able-bodied household members must help during the project (where applicable). Other friends and family (not in the household) are also encouraged to participate.
- Applicant must demonstrate willingness and ability to pay for project cost based on a sliding scale. (These criteria are subject to change)
- No interest will be charged
- A Deed Restriction will be required for projects over $1,000. The Deed Restriction will have a retention period of 5 years forgiven on a pro rata basis.